HASTINGS AREA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements:
“Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves.
All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings of a fixed duration, or any other means, for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing English Law.
The following terms and conditions apply only to the supply and delivery of products, services and information from the Hastings Area Chamber of Commerce.
The term ‘Hastings Area Chamber of Commerce’, ‘HACC’, ‘Chamber’ ‘us’ ‘ourselves’ or ‘we’ refers to the Hastings Area Chamber of Commerce whose office is at 8th Floor Ocean House, 87-89 London Road, St. Leonards-on-Sea, TN37 6LW.
The term “Member”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing services or products from Hastings Area Chamber of Commerce and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions.
Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Hastings Area Chamber of Commerce is a trading name of Let’s Do Business (South East) Group Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 07422542 whose registered office is at 7-9 Wellington Square, Hastings, E. Sussex, TN34 1PD.
Other Applicable Terms and Policies: the following additional terms also apply to the person accessing services, products or information from Hastings Area Chamber of Commerce and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions set out below:
- Our Acceptable Use Policy, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our website. When using our website, you must comply with the Acceptable Use Policy.
- Our Terms and Conditions, which set out the terms that apply to membership fees and our cancellation policy for events.
By agreeing to these terms and conditions you are also confirming that the information you have given is true and correct.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Let’s Do Business (South East) Group Limited, registered office, 7-9 Wellington Square, Hastings, E. Sussex, TN34 1PD
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.hastingschamber.co.uk (“our site”) or provided electronically or as a hardcopy version. This includes information provided at the time of becoming a member, registering to use our site, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site or your membership.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out with us and in the fulfilment of your membership, bookings or arrangements with HACC.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Details of your attendance at our events.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site and printed material is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
When you become a HACC member, book to attend an event or sign up to receive information, we will add you to our email database so that you can receive our newsletter and other information from us electronically. We take your privacy seriously and under the terms of the Act, will not pass your contact details to a third party, other than as set out in ‘Disclosure of Your Information’ below. You can unsubscribe at any point, but if you are a member, please contact us so we can discuss how we can keep you informed about the benefits of your membership.
Retention of Your Personal Information
We will retain your personal information as follows:
- Your current personal information will be retained for as long as you continue to be a member of the Chamber or it is amended or updated by you. Should you notify us of changes to your personal information, we will retain your previous personal information for a maximum period of 12 months, unless you advise us to delete it sooner.
- Non-members, visitors and guests. We will only retain sufficient information in order to comply with our contractual agreement with you. We will retain your personal information for a maximum period of 12 months, from the date the last product, service or information was provided to you, unless you advise us to delete it sooner.
Disclosure of Your Information
We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may also disclose your personal information to trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential and you have indicated you wish to receive contact from them.
We may also release your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If HACC, or its ultimate parent company, or substantially all of their assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
If you do not want us to use your personal information for marketing purpose, please indicate your preference via the relevant boxes on any forms you submit when you are providing your contact information. You may also ask us at any time not to use your information for marketing purpose by contacting us via the following methods.
Phone: 01424 205500
Post: Hastings Area Chamber of Commerce, 8th Floor, Ocean House, 87-89 London Road, St Leonards on Sea, East Sussex, TN37 6LW
We will not use your personal data for marketing purposes unless we have received your consent or as otherwise set out in these terms and conditions. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data to advise us whether you wish to opt-in or opt-out of any such purposes. You have the right to amend your preferences on how we process your personal data for marketing purposes at any point. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
The act gives you the right to access information held by us about you. When we receive a request form you in writing, we must give you access to everything we have recorded on you. However, there may be certain aspects we may not be able to share
- Confidential information that may relate to others
- If we think that giving you the information may stop us from preventing or detecting a crime
If you browse and use our website, whether as a guest or a registered user, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms of website use, which together with the other applicable terms listed above govern Hastings Area Chamber of Commerce’s relationship with you in relation to this website www.hastingschamber.co.uk.
Use of this website includes accessing, browsing, or registering to use this website.
If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use our website.
- “this website” or ‘’site’’refers to all internet pages in the www.hastingschamber.co.uk domain and our other domains that are linked to these terms and conditions.
- “www.hastingschamber.co.uk” refers to any person or organisation, whether or not commercial, involved in any part of the design, development, management, response-handling, marketing, promotion or other similar aspects of this website;
- The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website;
- “Content” refers to any text, photograph or other image or content presented on this Site to Users by either www.hastingschamber.co.uk or Users.
- Updates:We may update this website from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
- General information:The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on this website. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on this website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on this website is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
- Technology:We do not guarantee that our website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our website. You should use your own virus protection software. You must not misuse our website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server on which our website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our website. You must not attack our website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our website will cease immediately.
- Contributions:Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our website, or to make contact with other users of our website, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy below. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. If you are a consumer user, this means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty. Any content you upload to our website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such content for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy. We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our website. We have the right to remove any posting you make on our website if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy below. The views expressed by other users on our website do not represent our views or values.
- Some cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how the website works.
- Performance: Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Links to our website: You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you. Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy below. If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Links to other websites: From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information only. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s) or the entities detailed on those website(s). We have no control over the content of those websites or resources and we have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- use of, or inability to use, our website; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our website.
- If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our website or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our website. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- Acceptable Use Policy
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website www.hastingschamber.co.uk (“our site”). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site. Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms of website use (see above).
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards (see below).
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use (see above).
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (“contributions”), and to any interactive services associated with it. You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and Termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
- Other Relevant Terms, Conditions and Policies
These terms apply to the payment obligations of members and are in addition to any other terms and conditions that HACC provide you with when becoming a member, or on renewal, that will then apply to your membership.
Membership renewal fees are payable by online payment, BACS or Cheque.
You will receive an email notification approximately 4 weeks before your renewal payment is due.
If you do not wish to renew your membership, please let us know within 7 days of receipt of the notification email. Call us on 01424 205500 or email email@example.com
If you wish to cancel your membership after your renewal fee has been paid, our cancellation policy for membership is as follows: Cancellation within 1 month of renewal: full refund less a £20 + VAT administration charge.
HACC reserves the right to not unreasonably cancel, not renew or accept new membership applications for any reason it considers this appropriate.
Non-members, also described as guests or visitors are welcome to book and attend up to two events before they need to join. Please note our cancellation policy below.
Our cancellation policy for events, is that a full refund will be given if cancellation is 3 working days or more before the event. If you cancel within 3 working days of the event, or do not attend, no refund will be provided.
Credit Card and Telephone Purchases
When placing an order with us either on-line or by telephone, you are entering into a legally binding contract under UK law.
We accept on-line orders using the following cards, Visa, MasterCard, Switch and Maestro.
We also accept orders by telephone. You can telephone your orders on 01424 205500.
All orders received are subject to acceptance by Hastings Area Chamber of Commerce. You may receive an automatically generated acknowledgement of order, but this is not acceptance, which will be communicated to you separately.
We have made every effort to make clear whether the quoted prices for goods and services available through our site include any relevant tax or duty. Where in any case it is not clear please note that before you place an order that you might be required to bear a liability to tax or duty (for example VAT) that is in addition to the price.
Phone: 01424 205500
Post: Hastings Area Chamber of Commerce, 8th Floor, Ocean House, 87-89 London Road, St Leonards on Sea, East Sussex, TN37 6LW