Sussex Coast College are bringing Engineering and Manufacturing employers together with education providers to explore how the current curriculum can be adapted, expanded or enhanced to better meet local needs and address skills and recruitment challenges.
The workshop will take place between 2 and 6pm on Tuesday 26th January 2016, at Ore Valley Campus, Sussex Coast College, Parker Road, Hastings, East Sussex, TN34 3TT.
The workshop will be divided into two main parts:
1. Study Programmes: engineering and manufacturing training for 16-18 year olds
- An overview of the current sector offer for 16-18s and government rules that training providers must adhere to
- An open discussion about how SCCH can adapt 16-18 programmes to better meet local need and what employers can do to support young people.
2. Engineering and manufacturing training for apprentices and adults
- An overview of the current adult and apprenticeship offer in engineering and manufacturing within East Sussex
- An outline of the changes in apprenticeships from 2017/18
- An open discussion about better meeting the needs of employers in East Sussex
- Develop an action plan from the ideas to implement changes and hold providers and employers to account.
If you’re a business in East Sussex, operating in the Engineering and Manufacturing industry, get involved and take this opportunity to help shape the talent of the future.